Frequently asked questions
Q. Can I return the items purchased at Lin + Quotidien?
A. All items offered on our website are made at the time you place and pay for your order. For this reason, they can’t be returned.
Q. Can face masks be returned?
A. No. All face masks sales are final. There is no return or exchange because face masks are personal care products.
Q. What are the features of Lin + Quotidien masks?
- Adjustable: nose wire and elastic straps for a customized fit for your face.
- Comfortable: thanks to the use of linen, of smart design that follows the shape of a face, and of knitted elastic straps that are easy on the ears
- Won’t shrink: the fabrics were machine-washed and dried before cut into masks
- Available in three sizes: women and teenagers ( 19 cm x 19 cm), men (20 cm x 20 cm), 8-14 year-olds (17 cm x 17 cm)
Q. How do I care for my mask?
- Hand wash the mask with your usual soap.
- While the mask is still damp, recreate the lovely folds using your hands.
- Hang to dry, or even better, allow sunlight to dry the mask.
Q. What are the properties of linen?
- Natural and environmentally-friendly fabric
- Durable: handles, wears and washes well
- Known for its superior absorption level compared to other textile fibres
- Naturally antibacterial and antifungal
- Thermoregulatory: keeps the skin cool
- Effective in filtering out tiny particles
Q. What is percale?
- A weaving technique that gives a regular and very tight weave
- Used for pure cotton, a natural fibre
- Fabric with a high degree of filtration
Q. How long will it take for my order to be processed?
A. Processing time is the time it takes for us to make your order. This depends on how many orders we’re fulfilling and our production capacity, and so may vary from 1 to 10 working days. We strive to give you the best customer service and purchasing experience possible.
Q. How are products shipped?
A. All products will be shipped via Canada Post Xpresspost. Shipping is fast, allows you to track the package, and includes insurance to cover the full amount of your order. We’ll send you the package tracking number to your email address when the item is mailed. Please note that during the height of the pandemic, delivery times were unpredictable.
Q. Are shipping cost payable by the consumer?
A. Yes. Shipping costs are added to the total cost of your order. Lin + Quotidien adds a flat rate of $10 for delivery by Xpresspost and absorbs the difference between that amount and the real shipping cost to give you the best customer experience with the fastest delivery time.
Q. What is the density of linen used for your garments?
A. We use pure linen that is 150 g/m² (4.5 oz/yd²) or 200 g/m² (6 oz/yd²).
Q. What is the density of linen used to make your kitchen and table linens?
A. We use 200 g/m² (6 oz/yd²) pure linen, and other densities to make our frayed-border linen items.